Graduate CAD Engineer
Sirus Automotive Ltd working in partnership with the University of Wolverhampton (KEEN)
This position is part funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
This will initially be a fixed-term project with real potential for the candidate to secure a permanent position upon completion of the project
Role: Graduate CAD Engineer
Sirus Automotive is an expanding, privately owned SME based in Wednesbury, West Midlands which is a market leader in the design and production of high quality wheelchair- driver, upfront and rear passenger car conversions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious graduate of mechanical engineering or automotive engineering who has an interest in the automotive industry.
The company is looking to convert their design processes to be 100% CAD driven. With a new car-conversion project on the drawing board, this is a unique opportunity to lead the CAD design process.
The successful candidate must have:
- have a good degree in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering
- have good IT skills and be an advanced level user of 2D/3D CAD (preferably Solidworks, but not essential)
- possess highly developed verbal and written English language skills
- be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to project-manage this development
Also of significant value would be:
- Experience of sheet metal design and fabrication methods, and knowledge of automotive standards and homologation
- Experience in Additive Layer Manufacturing and Finite Element Analysis
- An interest in the automotive industry
Support: This role will be supported throughout by an academic mentor from the University of Wolverhampton, making it an ideal role for either a new graduate or one with 1-4 years’ relevant experience.
**PLEASE DO NOT USE THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW**
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for this role to email@example.com quoting reference AHK/Sirus/Nov2017 by Friday 29th December, 2017. Please note that if you have not been contacted within four weeks of the closing date, you can assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
All enquiries are to be directed to the University via firstname.lastname@example.org, please do not contact Sirus Automotive.
Book a test drive with a Sirus car and discover your perfect mobility solution.
Arrange a test drive
Choose from mobility solutions for drivers or passengers or explore our range of bespoke adaptations.
finding a car?
call us on
0121 505 7777