Problem-solving and listening to our customers
Our aim with the Sirus Ford WAV Drive/Upfront is to solve as many of these problems as possible. Unfortunately when disability vehicles are modified to this degree, there will always be something that isn’t 100% perfect, but we have done our very best to make this product the most superior wav conversion on the market.
- I cannot park on the street in a rear entry vehicle
The Sirus Ford WAV is designed with side entry, which allows you to access the vehicle easily from the curb or a from a disabled parking space. For information on Disabled Parking and the Blue Badge Scheme visit Disabled Motoring UK.
- With a side-entry WAV, many ramps are very long which makes parking difficult, even in a disabled parking space
We have designed the vehicle with optional lowering suspension which means the automated ramp is just 70cm long, giving you loads of space to enter and exit. Read first hand from Mark our customer about how easy it is to use the ramp.
- I find steep ramp angles very hard to enter and exit
This conversion is specifically designed with a short and shallow ramp which has an angle below 11 degrees (with lowering suspension) and 13 degrees (without lowering suspension for assisted access).
- I drive from my wheelchair, but often need to travel as a passenger, but I don’t like travelling in the back
With our Ford WAV Drive/Upfront conversion, you can choose to drive or travel up front and switch places between the driver and passenger position at any time. The front seat can easily be detached and moved to the opposite position on transfer wheels and secured safely.
- I like to exit the vehicle facing forwards and in some WAV’s you have to reverse in your wheelchair
With the Sirus Ford WAV Drive / Upfront conversion (and depending on your wheelchair) you can turn inside the vehicle and exit either forwards or backwards, whatever suits you. Watch our YouTube video here about turning inside the vehicle.
- I’m very tall, and some conversions do not lower the floor throughout the vehicle, so ‘entry height’ is irrelevant if I can’t see out of the windscreen.
The Sirus Ford Drive/Upfront has a fully lowered floor to ensure the maximum amount of interior headroom. The maximum eyeline for drivers in the Ford is 135cm / 53.5”.
- I have very long legs and have found it difficult to sit comfortably in the driver’s position, as the floor to steering wheel height isn’t deep enough.
The floor to steering wheel height in the Sirus Ford Drive/Upfront is 70cm / 27.5” giving the maximum amount of space for this type of vehicle.
- My chair is very heavy and I carry lots of equipment, so I worry about the vehicle being low and catching on speed bumps
The Sirus Ford WAV Drive/Upfront is designed with an option for lowering air suspension, so the vehicle has a pre-set ground clearance and will always maintain constant ride height, regardless of the number of people or equipment carried in the vehicle. The 4-corner suspension lowers the vehicle when you enter and exit and when you are ready to drive away the suspension will automatically rise to standard ride height.
- Many converted vehicles are very noisy and have little sound insulation
This conversion includes quality sound insulation to ensure low noise levels, offering an unrivalled car-like experience for this type of conversion. Read Ford’s description of their latest vehicle.
- The interior of some conversions looks very shoddy and doesn’t match the original vehicle
This conversion has been designed to the highest standard, the quality workmanship ensures a from-factory finish.
- I travel as a passenger so don’t want the cost of an automatic ramp and sliding door
For upfront passengers, you can choose standard suspension with a manual side sliding door and manual ramp which is just 1.1m long – a more economical option.
- In wet weather, my wheels spin and slip on the vehicle floor
The ramp is purposely designed with an anti-slip coating, improving wheel traction in wet weather. The interior floor of the vehicle is also designed with an anti-slip material.
- Many WAV conversions remove the rear seats. I need two rear seats for my children
The Sirus Ford Drive/Upfront has retained two original manufacturer rear seats, which can also be folded down to give you additional space for equipment. A fold-away step can also be fitted in the rear for additional leg comfort.
- I need boot space for shopping and equipment. This is often removed in rear entry vehicles.
The Sirus Ford Drive/Upfront retained the original boot space which has not been modified during the conversion. For ease of use or if travelling independently we can fit an optional automated tailgate.
- In the dark its often hard to manoeuvre into the upfront position
One of the unique features on this conversion is the LED lighting fitted on the floor. This and can be dimmed or brightened to suit, giving you optimum visibility when manoeuvring inside the vehicle.
- In my previous WAV, the fuel gauge was never accurate, and the tank was smaller than usual
Unlike many other converted vehicles, our design includes a standard size fuel tank and accurate fuel gauge, perfect for longer journeys.
- I have a caravan which I need to tow, which you can’t do with most WAV’s
Due to the side access design, the Sirus Ford can accommodate a tow bar for a trailer or caravan. Read more on our FAQ page.
- I have limited movement in my left hand so find it hard to move the gear selector
As an option, Sirus can fit a Push Button Gear Selector enabling you to change gear at the push of a button. Read more about our Driving Adaptations here.
- My previous WAV felt like a van as opposed to a car
The state-of-the-art, turbo-charged Ford EcoBlue diesel engines deliver measurably improved efficiency, performance and refinement. Available as 100 PS and 120 PS versions, they are also more responsive and also quieter than ever before. Read more on the Ford website.
- My previous WAV was very basic, with few optional extras and features
The Ford Grand Tourneo Connect is fitted with a whole range of features and options, including Pre-Collision Assist which detects vehicles and pedestrians in the road ahead. The system warns you if it detects a potential collision and if you don’t respond it will automatically apply the brakes. Read more on the Ford website.
The Sirus Ford Drive / Upfront is available on the Motability Scheme.
For a no obligation home demonstration, call us on 0121 505 7777 or email email@example.com