‘A chance to work for the leading upfront specialist in wheelchair accessible vehicles’
You will join Sirus at the inception of a new project, allow your creative thoughts to flow as you make your mark in the innovation of the next drive from wheelchair accessible vehicle. You will take ownership of your projects from day 1 and be involved in all aspects of the new product; from conceptualisation, to design and homologation as well as improving legacy products for the company.
Role and Responsibilities
- The nature of this job results in highly varied work. You will be designing a large variety of components from floor pans, to ramp lifting mechanisms, to fuel lines and much more.
- Each of your designs will be fit for purpose, economical and have considered the productionisation of the product.
- As a key member of the R&D team, you will contribute to meetings to discuss the progression of the project and, as the project progresses, with other departments to implement the productionisation and sale of the final product.
- You will be able to build your concepts or manage fabrications time where necessary, in order to validate the designs.
- You will attend shows to learn more about the market and be present for homologation – necessary to take the final product to market.
- Degree in a relevant subject would be an advantage but not essential
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Previous CAD experience (ideally Solidworks)
- Awareness of sheet metal & machining processes
- Good understanding of IT
- Good communication skills
- Capable of safely using a range of power tools
Salary dependent on successful candidate’s experience and suitability.
Send your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 3rd May 2019.