This upfront wheelchair accessible vehicle enables the wheelchair user to travel upfront next to the driver from the comfort of your own chair, a much more sociable way of travelling. Another option with this caddy conversion is to dock your wheelchair in the passenger up front position, and transfer to the driver’s seat. You enter the vehicle from the rear, so you don’t need a disabled parking space. This conversion can offer space for up to five people, the perfect family car.
Entering and exiting the vehicle;
Automated tailgate and ramp
Our exclusive automated tailgate and ramp option ensures complete ease of use. To access the mobility vehicle, simply press a button on your key fob or dashboard and the tailgate and ramp will open. In addition to the automatic opening, the rear suspension will lower creating a shallow and easy ramp angle and entry point. Once inside simply press the close button – the suspension will raise back to ride height and the ramp and tailgate will close, leaving you ready to drive away.
A more economical option for non-disabled drivers who don’t require any assistance; the manual ramp is bi-folding in order to ensure that it doesn’t obscure rear vision. The ramp has a shallow incline at around 12 degrees and is fitted with a gas strut to make opening and closing as easy as possible.
Additional conversion features
- Increased visibility due to the lowered floor, ideal for taller chair users
- Re–located gear selector combined with electronic handbrake for ease of access and increased floor space.
- Standard passenger seat for if and when the chair user isn’t travelling
- Width of the vehicle conversion can accommodate most large power chairs and scooters
- Used with a four-point tie down system, or optional automatic wheelchair docking station