The Volkswagen Caddy Upfront is designed so that you can travel up front alongside the driver all from the comfort of your own wheelchair; a much more sociable way to travel. Sitting in the upfront position as opposed to the rear ensures that you will experience a more comfortable ride and excellent all-around vision. It offers space for up to five people, the perfect family car.
ENTERING & EXITING THE VEHICLE:
Automated tailgate and ramp
Our exclusive automatic tailgate and ramp system ensures complete ease of use. To access the car simply press a button on the key fob and the tailgate will open quietly and quickly. Once inside the car, press the button on the dashboard, the ramp and tailgate will close automatically leaving you ready to drive away.
A more economical option for drivers who don’t require any assistance; the manual ramp is bi-folding in order to ensure that it doesn’t obscure rear vision. The ramp has a shallow angle at around 12 degrees and is fitted with a gas strut to make opening and closing as easy as possible.
Additional conversion features
- Lowered Floor – To ensure increased visibility for taller wheelchair users, and a shallow ramp angle of 11 degrees for safe and easy access.
- Electronic handbrake - For ease of access and increased floor space.
- Service Seat – The original passenger seat is included, to provide additional seating for when the wheelchair user is not travelling in the vehicle or chooses to travel in the rear.
- Width of the vehicle conversion can accommodate most large power chairs and scooters
- Entry height 149cm/58"
- Maximum seated head height 149cm/58"